Awards for the Institute
The Institute and its staff have won the following awards, recognitions and honors:
-Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi was selected as one of the notable alumni of IIT Kanpur. January 2016.
-Mr. B.V. Nimbkar the founder of the Institute was given the 2016 Jamnalal Bajaj Award for application of science and technology for rural applications.
– Dr. Chanda Nimbkar the Director of Animal Husbandry Division was elected to be on the board of trustees of International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI). November 2015.
– Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi gave the second Gemini Ganesan Endowment lecture at Madras Christian College, Chennai on 3 March 2015.
– NARI received a Certificate of Recognition for its Kerosene Lanstove work from Indian Merchants Chamber (IMC), Mumbai. This recognition was part of IMC Inclusive Innovation Awards 2014 given on 20 December in Mumbai.
– Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi the Director received the 2014 Distinguished Alumnus Award from University of Florida (UF), Gainesville, Florida, USA. This is the highest honor that UF, one of top 15 public universities of US, gives to its alumni and Dr. Rajvanshi is the first Indian to get it. The details of the award are here and his award acceptance speech is here.
– Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi the Director was invited to give a keynote address at the National Academy of Engineering symposium on Innovation, New Delhi, September 2012. He was one of the 15 speakers invited for the symposium from all over the world. The transcript of address is here.
– Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi, the Director of NARI was invited to deliver an invited talk at TIFR, Mumbai on 30 April 2010 at ASET colloquium to commemorate the centenary celebrations of Dr. Homi Bhabha.
– Dr. Rajvanshi was invited to deliver the Foundation Day and 6th B.D.Tilak memorial lecture at National Chemical Laboratory on 22nd May 2009.
– NARI was given the prestigious Globe Award for its work in ethanol lanstove by the Crown Princess Victoria in Sweden. Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi, the Director of NARI and inventor of lanstove received the award in Stockholm on 3rd June 2009. The news was carried in almost all the major newspapers like Hindu, DNA etc. The video of award ceremony is here.
– NARI was given the 2007 CSIR award for S&T for rural development for its sheep breeding work. The award was presented to Dr. Chanda Nimbkar of NARI by the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in Delhi. NARI shared the Rs. 10 lakhs award with NCL and Yak research Institute.
– The Institute was given the Vasantrao Naik Award for 2006. The award instituted by Vasantrao Naik Foundation was given to NARI for its pioneering contributions to agriculture. The President Dr. Nandini Nimbkar received the award on behalf of the Institute from Union Agricultural Minister Shri Sharad Pawar in a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on 1st July 2006.
– NARI’s founder and former President Shri B.V.Nimbkar was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2006.
– NARI’s work on electric and improved cycle rickshaws won the Energy Globe Award in AIR category in 2004.
– Dr. V. Singh, the safflower breeder of the Institute, was given the HARDF Award by Indian Society of Oilseeds Research in January 2003.
– NARI was given the FICCI Annual Award for Rural Development for 2001-02 by the Prime Minister Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee.
– Dr. Anil K. Rajvanshi was given the prestigious Jamnalal Bajaj Award for 2001 for application of Science and Technology in rural areas by Dr. Manmohan Singh.
– Dr. Anil K. Rajvanshi, the Director and Hon. Secretary of the Institute was inducted in US solar Hall of Fame in 1998. He is the second Indian to be inducted.
– Dr. Nandini Nimbkar, the President of NARI was given the alumnae of distinction award of University of Florida in 1997.